Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This vs. That

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Strut

Strut

This vs. That Empty
PostSubject: This vs. That   This vs. That EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 2:27 am

I basically made this topic for those who cant decide on what to use or whats so great about such and such part. Just post your findings why part A is better than part B or if you have a question post it here. Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you.

My first example: Shotguns
In my personal preference here is how I would order the shotguns: Hellrazor < Dazzler < Havoc < Spatter.

Hellrazor - I put this last because of it's horrible accuracy, slow rate of fire, and incredibly high overheat. Works great as a side arm though because of its stun.
Dazzler - Ugly first of all. Second, with its recent "nerf" it now has a slower rate of fire than the havoc and spatter, smaller attack arc (reticle/hitbox), and lower damage with a slight increase in overheat. Still, it maintains its great range.
Havocfury - Although this thing has great range for a shotgun also having the highest damage and rate of fire, its attack arc is quite annoying to get used to for me. It is about the size of the dazzler.
Spattergun - I see this as the best shotgun because it has relatively low overheat great accuracy decent rate of fire and low weight. Although its range is not as impressive as the other shotguns it has the biggest attack arc of them all making them fairly easy to use at close range. It's major downside is; It is the weakest in the class (not by much ~60 vs Havoc)

Last edited by Strut on Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LockOn
Admin
LockOn

This vs. That Empty
PostSubject: Re: This vs. That   This vs. That EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 7:11 pm

HellRazor B > HellRazorA

Price is 3 times and yet the damage is close. Overheat is less
and its just a sidearm weapon so it doesnt mean much to spend 250 NC.
Back to top Go down
lily

This vs. That Empty
PostSubject: Re: This vs. That   This vs. That EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 5:30 am

strut u got the order wrong with that shottie, i was like how did hellrazor become the best shottie when i was looking at ur post. > mean the one before it is better than the one after it. and yea i agree with that order.

i will do the rifles

blue tempest > all other rifle

it have the lowest moving speed drop out of them all.

the other ones are more or less tie depend on ur playing style. but to me the other go in ic > m > z

ic have the best range and dmg, but it miss second most out of the rifle class

m have the best acc.

z...to annoy those chaser or runners with stuns, but it misses so much that it might annoy u more.

can someone do sets of weapons, in this topic or a new one.?? like duel smg or shottie weapon set 1 with duel retifle(i think its spell wrong i am horrible at spelling)as weapon set 2 is the best setting for healers with aerobolt arm, and smg only with a davenstar arm since it have lower mark. aerobolt arm are best for polymas A for healing. unless u want bust heal, then i have no idea. but over time that is the best, i think but it may be davenstar with ploymas c, but i never try using those so no idea there too. the aerobolt arm have lower max heat than davenstar arm so the cool down is short, and they both do two heal with ploymas A therefore aerobolt arm are better than davenstar if u have the ncoin for it. which i think u do...if u are getting ploymas A ^^.
Back to top Go down
MechaKaiju
Admin
MechaKaiju

This vs. That Empty
PostSubject: Re: This vs. That   This vs. That EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 11:50 am

Ill grab the SMG observation. since i use to run three Beam spitters when they were OP...(yeah i am one of those guys)

Peagles-your basic peanut gun. great range, accuracy, and decent dmg of the SMG class, of course this is something i noticed with these boys is sometimes they will stutter when firing. Which can be really annoying. Your Jack-of-all-Trades SMG, which isn't a bad thing, in fact the spatters are becoming The shottie, so these things will probably come back, maybe.

Beam Spitter-Everybody ran these things, even if they hated on em, they had one in their back pocket. Of course the age of the spitter is over, but for a great sidearm or dual Nc weapon the spitter is the best pick. Its ridiculous fire rate balances out it's nerfed DMG, accuracy is great, range is great. but i believe the spitters are pretty much left to those Jaywalking trainees.

Echo Blasta-I have actually never used these things, but from my observation the magnums are better in the specific areas that make this SMG alright. After rifling though i ve been very cautious about the accuracy of weapons. So i stayed clear of this one. I think phoebus use to have one back in the day. Of course he is hardcore.

My magnums- i grabbed these bad boys when the sidewinder came out and realized shortly after that i might have just killed 7 dollars for an S weapon. Of course i think i was just rusty on the smg tracking thing. These things just murder people so quick in close range. they have bad accuracy which pretty much means you better be good at tracking continuously, cuz if that guys leaves your sight for any amount of time and comes back into your reticle then it will take some time to start hitting em again. Annoying sound. The magnums also suffer from the peagle problem of stuttering when they fire sometimes.

***RULE OF SMG*** (shotties and pretty much i think all the weapons)
the closer you are with SMGs the more DMG you do per shot. I believe you do more DMG with rifles the farther away you are. Of course this is not like i gain X dmg depending on my range, but more like i gain X% more Dmg based on the MAX DMG of the weapon from your range.

(and honestly this is my opinion when it comes down to it, of course its nice that your smg/shottie has a long range but, lets assume your in a light mech, you shouldn't take the long rng shot unless your desperate, you should utilize the advantages of your mech to get as close as possible and start melting face. Becuz if that guy is charging you, or your dualing against him, that one *volley from long range is pretty much a wasted shot becuz the Dmg has been decreased from range. Mind you this is just a base to think/act upon take every situation as it comes and try not to have a set of moves already scheduled. Improvise. Quickly)

* i use the term "volley" to describe a shot from each weapon in hand ONCE. so fire left hand, fire right hand = one volley
Back to top Go down
https://vanguardsclan.forumotion.com
Strut

Strut

This vs. That Empty
PostSubject: Re: This vs. That   This vs. That EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 1:52 am

MechaKaiju wrote:
Ill grab the SMG observation. since i use to run three Beam spitters when they were OP...(yeah i am one of those guys)

Peagles-your basic peanut gun. great range, accuracy, and decent dmg of the SMG class, of course this is something i noticed with these boys is sometimes they will stutter when firing. Which can be really annoying. Your Jack-of-all-Trades SMG, which isn't a bad thing, in fact the spatters are becoming The shottie, so these things will probably come back, maybe.

Beam Spitter-Everybody ran these things, even if they hated on em, they had one in their back pocket. Of course the age of the spitter is over, but for a great sidearm or dual Nc weapon the spitter is the best pick. Its ridiculous fire rate balances out it's nerfed DMG, accuracy is great, range is great. but i believe the spitters are pretty much left to those Jaywalking trainees.

Echo Blasta-I have actually never used these things, but from my observation the magnums are better in the specific areas that make this SMG alright. After rifling though i ve been very cautious about the accuracy of weapons. So i stayed clear of this one. I think phoebus use to have one back in the day. Of course he is hardcore.

My magnums- i grabbed these bad boys when the sidewinder came out and realized shortly after that i might have just killed 7 dollars for an S weapon. Of course i think i was just rusty on the smg tracking thing. These things just murder people so quick in close range. they have bad accuracy which pretty much means you better be good at tracking continuously, cuz if that guys leaves your sight for any amount of time and comes back into your reticle then it will take some time to start hitting em again. Annoying sound. The magnums also suffer from the peagle problem of stuttering when they fire sometimes.

***RULE OF SMG*** (shotties and pretty much i think all the weapons)
the closer you are with SMGs the more DMG you do per shot. I believe you do more DMG with rifles the farther away you are. Of course this is not like i gain X dmg depending on my range, but more like i gain X% more Dmg based on the MAX DMG of the weapon from your range.

(and honestly this is my opinion when it comes down to it, of course its nice that your smg/shottie has a long range but, lets assume your in a light mech, you shouldn't take the long rng shot unless your desperate, you should utilize the advantages of your mech to get as close as possible and start melting face. Becuz if that guy is charging you, or your dualing against him, that one *volley from long range is pretty much a wasted shot becuz the Dmg has been decreased from range. Mind you this is just a base to think/act upon take every situation as it comes and try not to have a set of moves already scheduled. Improvise. Quickly)

* i use the term "volley" to describe a shot from each weapon in hand ONCE. so fire left hand, fire right hand = one volley

Peagles- Have the most consistant dmg regardless of range out of the SMGs

Spitters- Have the highest rate of fire although now they have tickle me dmg

Echos- have the highest dmg at close range (390). Slowest rate of fire and they do have better accuracy than the zephyrs.

Zephyrs- second highest close range dmg second highest rate of fire. Sounds like the child of an echo/spitter.
Back to top Go down
LockOn
Admin
LockOn

This vs. That Empty
PostSubject: Re: This vs. That   This vs. That EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 4:38 am

haha TY i hated you then back then.
Capping was a bitch when spitters were OP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

This vs. That Empty
PostSubject: Re: This vs. That   This vs. That Empty

Back to top Go down

This vs. That
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Everything Exteel :: Mecha Building 101-
Jump to: